KIMT NEWS 3 - Alliant Energy is increasing its gas and electric prices, and you are going to start seeing the impacts later this year.
A spokesperson for Aliant Energy said a 5% increase will go into effect starting in April, and if the board approves the increase it would go up around 25% next year.
Click on the video tab for more.
They said the increase is to help recover costs for wind turbine investments as well as upgrades to their power grid. You can watch the forum from the Park Inn in Mason City below:
- Packed house, strong opinions during Alliant Energy forum in Mason City
- Accused Alliant Energy burglar pleads not guilty
- Iowa approves rate hike for Alliant Energy
- Alliant Energy releases flood safety information
- Two Alliant Energy employees credited with helping elderly woman during Mason City dog attack
- UPDATE: Power restored to more than 2,700 Alliant Energy customers in Mason City
- Iowa board OKs lower rate increase for Alliant Energy; Alliant must refund around $7.5M
- Final sentence in theft from Alliant Energy trucks
- Alliant Energy customers can purchase trees through "Operation ReLeaf"
- Alliant Energy working on upgrading Cerro Gordo County's electric system