DODGE COUNTY, Minn. - Second-degree murder charges will be filed against Lois Riess in the shooting death of her husband, David, after forensic results are received, the Dodge County Sheriff’s Office said on Wednesday.
“We will bring her back to (Minnesota) to stand trial when (Florida) is done,” the Sheriff’s Office said.
Riess will be in Florida first to face murder charges in Florida for the shooting death of Pamela Hutchinson.
Riess is in custody in Texas, awaiting transfer to Florida or Minnesota for trial. Experts say she'll likely go to Florida first, where she faces a second-degree murder charge. If the Florida charges against Riess are elevated to first-degree murder, she could face the death penalty.
More: The search and case against Lois Riess.
- Watch: The Lois Riess arrest video; MN officials waiting for forensic evidence
- Evidence in Lois Riess case released to the public
- U.S. Marshals now looking for Lois Riess
- Lois Riess now facing the death penalty
- Lois Riess makes court appearance in Florida
- Surveillance video released of Lois Riess before alleged murder
- Reward offered for information leading to arrest of Lois Riess (with new surveillance video)
- Lois Riess captured in Texas as nationwide search ends
- Florida gets first crack at accused killer Lois Riess
- UPDATE: Lois Riess makes first court appearance in Florida