MASON CITY, Iowa – Police are warning area residents and businesses about threatening phone calls from someone claiming to be with Alliant Energy.
The Mason City Police Department says the caller threatens to shut off the utilities in one hour unless there is immediate payment made over the phone. Captain Mike McKelvey says Alliant does not make those sort of calls and reminds everyone to never give out sensitive information to unsolicited callers or emailers.
- Warning about threatening phone calls in the Mason City area
- RPU warning about phone calls demanding payment
- Area cellphone repair shop warns of knock-off phones
- Law enforcementr warn resident about misleading phone calls
- Freeborn-Mower co-op issues warning about phone calls
- Mason City Police Department fields disturbance calls over holidays
- Mason City vs. Mason City.... in the Big Dance!
- SAW: Mason City's Danny Kamm
- House fire in Mason City
- Mason City Fire Chief resigns