ROCHESTER, Minn. – A man police are calling a “violent offender” was taken into custody Saturday after an incident that left police with injuries and without their body cameras.
Anthony Harris, 25, of Chicago, is facing two counts of fourth-degree assault and obstructing with force after an incident Saturday in the 1000 block of 3rd Ave. SE.
Police said Harris fled from Chicago, had cut off his ankle bracelet and had an active warrant out of Cook County for stealing a vehicle. Harris was also involved in a previous homicide, an assault and a robbery, police said.
Police said they found Harris in the passenger seat of a vehicle before 3 p.m. before police blocked the car from backing out and gave verbal commands that Harris allegedly didn’t comply with.
Officers grabbed Harris out of the car before they began wrestling for several minutes in the street on 3rd Ave. Police said body cameras were knocked off in the struggle and a Taser was used to subdue Harris.
Officers suffered bruises, cuts and contusions during the incident.
- Wanted man arrested in southern MN after fighting with police
- Update: Wanted southern MN man located unresponsive
- Search for wanted southern MN man results in different arrest
- Sheriff: Wanted southern MN man arrested for allegedly stealing cables
- Police conduct raid on southern MN house
- Southern MN man killed in lawnmower accident
- Southern MN man arrested, Tased after violating no-contact order
- Southern MN man arrested for allegedly stabbing, assaulting wife
- Wanted southern MN man arrested with stolen gun, drugs facing child endangerment charge
- Police: Woman beaten by southern MN man before escaping