WORTH COUNTY, Iowa – A wanted man is behind bars after a foot pursuit Sunday night.
The Worth County Sheriff’s Office said at 6:53 p.m. Sunday, a deputy conducted a traffic stop at the intersection of Partridge Ave. and 485th St. and learned the passenger had a felony drug warrant for his arrest.
While attempting to detain 39-year-old Brandon Hauge, of Northwood, he took off on foot and a pursuit ensued, the Sheriff’s Office said. He was eventually arrested and taken into custody for the active warrant, possession with intent to deliver methamphetamine, failure to affix a drug tax stamp, possession of drug paraphernalia and interference with official acts.
Around 5 grams of methamphetamine were found along with a pipe, a torch lighter and “a substantial amount of cash,” authorities said.
Hauge is being held in the Worth County Jail on $30,000 bond.
- Wanted man arrested in Worth County after foot pursuit
- Not guilty plea in Worth County pursuit
- Police: Wanted Mason City man arrested after short vehicle pursuit, foot chase
- Man wanted in connection to Worth County pursuit taken into custody
- Man arrested for Worth County hotel beating
- Minnesota man arrested in Worth County
- Wanted Minnesota man arrested after pursuit into Eyota
- Police: 3 arrested after robbery in Albert Lea led to pursuit in Freeborn, Worth counties
- Chatfield man arrested after dangerous Rochester pursuit
- Multiple agencies respond to Worth County incident regarding wanted man