WAVERLY, Iowa – A man wanted for first-degree burglary and third-degree criminal sexual conduct has been taken into custody in Waverly.
Merwin Coleman was taken into custody Wednesday and is expected to be extradited back to Minnesota. Details of the arrest haven’t been released.
Authorities say Coleman was involved in an incident Sunday, June 3, in Stewartville, where he allegedly raped a woman after a party the previous night.
Coleman picked up a man from the residence at 6:05 a.m. to take him to work, according to court documents, before returning to the home and crawling into bed with a woman before allegedly raping the woman.
The man who received a ride to work said “Mack (Coleman) wanted to stay at the victim’s home and ‘chill’ with her despite it being 6:05 a.m.,” according to court documents.
The defendant claimed he went to the victim’s home the previous night to party and that she began secretly sending him Snapchat messages to invite him to have sex with her. He claimed that he traded the victim high-dosage Xanax pills in exchange for sex.
- Wanted Minnesota man taken into custody in Waverly
- Man wanted in north Iowa, southern Minnesota taken into custody
- Wanted Mason City man back in custody
- Waverly-Shell Rock edges Charles City in district title game
- Fairgrounds project in Waverly in jeopardy of being canceled
- Man wanted after allegedly fleeing taken into custody in SE Minnesota
- Wanted man arrested in southern Minnesota
- 2 stabbed at Minnesota's Mall of America; man in custody
- Man wanted since November finally taken into custody
- Wanted man taken into custody at Rochester grocery store