ROCHESTER, Minn. - It’s an illness that attacks the brain, spinal cord and optic nerves.
Multiple Sclerosis affects nearly one million people in the US, according to the National MS Society.
It's a story that hits close to home for Ginger Knapp. Her mother lived with MS for 35 years.
“She started using a cane and then she started using a wheelchair and then she went to a motorized scooter and then it came to a wheelchair where she had to have the head support and everything because she just couldn't do it,”said Knapp.
Knapp will be participating in the MS walk this Saturday.
The event works to raise awareness and money to fund the search for a cure.
The walk kicks off at Soldiers Field Veterans Memorial Park in Rochester at 9 am. Mason City's event is May 11th.
- Walk MS events coming up in Rochester and Mason City
- Rochester walks to end MS
- Annual Walk MS this Saturday in Mason City
- 24 team lace up their shoes in Mason City's Walk MS event
- Take part in 1 of our 2 Walk MS events!
- Preview to MS Walk: Bryant battling MS every day
- Walk MS in Mason City helps to advance medicine to find a cure
- Harlem Globetrotters coming to Rochester and Mason City
- A cool weekend event coming to Rochester
- Mason City hosts National Night Out event