MASON CITY, Iowa – Born before the Great Depression and a prisoner of war during World War II, Dr. Carroll Bogard of Mason City died Wednesday at Mercy Medical Center – North Iowa.
He was 96.
He spent nine months as POW after bailing out of his plane over enemy territory in Germany, then returned home to become an educator and significant contributor to the Mason City School District.
Memorial services will be held at 2:00 PM on Friday, July 6, 2018, at the First United Methodist Church, 119 S. Georgia.
Memorials may be directed to the family of Carroll Bogard.
- WWII veteran dies in Mason City
- Highly decorated WWII veteran receives another honor
- UPDATE: Driver dies after truck hits tree in Mason City
- Pedestrian hit while walking on Mason City roadway has died
- WWII Vet Remembers D-Day
- Mason City vs. Mason City.... in the Big Dance!
- SAW: Mason City's Danny Kamm
- House fire in Mason City
- Mason City Fire Chief resigns
- SAW: Mason City's Hannah Faktor