ROCHESTER, Minn. - World War II Veterans and their families or caregivers enjoyed a free meal in a reserved room at Pasquale's Neighborhood Pizzeria on Tuesday.
"It's wonderful. Anyone who does this sort of thing deserves a hurrah because they are honoring veterans," says June Miller, a WWII Navy veteran. She and her husband enjoyed the meal. Her husband Glenn is a WWII Marine Corps veteran. They've been married for almost 73 years.
Free transportation was arranged for veterans who needed a ride.
- WWII Veterans honored with New Year’s Eve meal
- Highly decorated WWII veteran receives another honor
- New Year's Eve safety
- Noon Year's Eve Celebration
- New Year's Eve Trivia
- WWII veteran dies in Mason City
- North Iowa WWII veteran celebrating 100th birthday
- WWII veterans remember D-Day 74 years later: 'We should be proud of this day'
- New Year's Eve transportation in North Iowa
- Safe transportation options on New Year's Eve