CLEAR LAKE, Iowa- Volunteer firefighters are needed across Iowa, which is why one local department is holding a class to try and fill a number of different openings on their force.
Alysha Walker, of Clear Lake, is one of around a dozen that came to the Clear Lake Fire Department on Tuesday to get a little more information on what it is a volunteer fire fighter does.
She said she doesn’t have much experience as an EMT or fire fighter right now, but knowing there is a need for volunteers and helping her community is pushing her to join.
“I think if there were more people who were willing to help and just show the level of kindness I think it would be a better place,” she said.
The Rockford and Marble Rock fire department both need 3-4 volunteers as well.
- Volunteer firefighters needed in north Iowa
- New arson filed against Iowa volunteer firefighter
- Iowa wild turkey survey needs volunteers
- Two North Iowa winners in volunteer challenge
- North Iowa volunteers honored by RSVP
- North Iowa volunteers honored with awards
- North Iowa businesses honored for volunteer work
- Iowa volunteer firefighter accused of setting fire to corncrib
- Breast milk donors needed in north Iowa
- Volunteers needed during winter season