Photo Gallery 1 Images
MASON CITY, Iowa - The North Iowa Corridor Economic Development Corp., along with business and government leaders and other stakeholders, announced the implementation of the "Vision North Iowa" plan after a year of research and receiving public feedback.
The plan aims to attract more businesses and more opportunities to the area in a 5 year timeframe, though some objectives have been completed ahead of time.
Brad Barber is the co-founder of Clear Lake-based Cabin Coffee, and is an avid supporter of the plan.
"I think it is truly going to make a significant different in our community, in which they said the community meaning the whole Cerro Gordo County," Barber says.
Barber adds that the committee making sure the plan comes to fruition deeply cares about their community.
"They have an attractive, optimistic attitude about their community. And everyone should have that. Everyone should have that hope," Barber says.
One member of the committee is NIACC President Steve Schulz, who wants the school to help in anyway it can, especially on the entrepreneurial front.
"We take our leadership in this area pretty seriously, so it makes sense that we're at the front of the table when it comes to developing that ecosystem and strengthening it," Schulz says.
The main goals of the plan are building a regional community around a common vision, creating an environment that retains and attracts a strong talent pipeline, retain, expand and attract high-growth companies, and ensure growth by active promotion.
"We have to execute. We should have a fire in our belly for us to be able to go out there and do our part to make sure the strategic plan materializes," Barber adds.
- 'Vision North Iowa' plan announced
- Walking for One Vision
- North Iowa Band Festival announces theme
- One Vision plans ground breaking on repurposed cottages
- Garner's new city administrator shares vision, plan for community
- Iowa DOT road announcements
- Featured performers announced for North Iowa Band Festival
- North Iowa Band Festival announces Grand Marshal, volunteer awards
- 81st North Iowa Band Festival announces its award winners
- Vision issues expected to rise for youngsters