MINNEAPOLIS (AP) — Minnesota Vikings Hall of Fame defensive end Chris Doleman is undergoing surgery in Atlanta to remove a brain tumor.
The Star Tribune reports that well-wishers have flocked to Twitter to express support for Doleman, who played for the Vikings from 1985 to 1993. He then moved on to spend two years with the Falcons, three with the 49ers and one final season with the Vikings in 1999.
The Minnesota club sent out a tweet saying the "entire Vikings family is thinking of Chris Doleman and wishing him the best as he undergoes surgery."
Doleman had 150 ½ career sacks.
- Vikings Hall of Famer Chris Doleman undergoes brain surgery
- Minnesota Governor to undergo back surgery
- Hall of Famer, pioneering manager Frank Robinson dies at 83
- Puppy born with upside down paws undergoes surgery
- NIACC 'lost a great one' in Hall of Famer Jerry Dunbar
- Vikings sign Sheldon Richardson
- 2018 Minnesota Vikings schedule
- Vikings sign veteran kicker
- 4th Street SW undergoing reconstruction
- Mission 21 undergoing new changes