ROCHESTER, Minn. - John McCain's funeral services at the Capitol were televised across the country.
At the Rochester VFW Post 1215, the funeral was on their televisions all morning.
Watching McCain being laid to rest brings a feeling of pride for veterans, explains Senior Vice Commander Chad Stowers. "We're very proud of what he did. He led POWs where he was staying; He was a Vietnam War veteran; He was a champion of veterans' rights, so that's what the veterans are going to remember him for."
- Veterans remember John McCain as he is laid to rest
- Local Veterans remember Senator McCain
- World War II veteran laid to rest in north Iowa
- UPDATE: World leaders remember John McCain
- Wreaths to remember veterans during holiday season
- John McCain memorialized as hero, fighter and wiseacre
- Remembering 9/11
- His way: Washington to say goodbye to late Sen. John McCain (with live video)
- President Trump: Never was, never will be fan of Sen. John McCain
- John Marshall High School in Rochester honors Veterans Day