BRITT, Iowa - A local VFW chapter received multiple recognitions Monday afternoon.
The VFW Auxilary 4370 of Britt was recognized for its continuous community service as well as recognizing local veterans. The Volunteer of the Year Award, a national award, was given to Blanche Chizek.
Chizek has donated more than 300 hours at the Hancock County Memorial Hospital helping in whatever capacity needed, the rest of that time she can be found at the Summit House where she does fingernails. The VFW's efforts go far beyond community service. They also make U.S. flag keyrings to give out to Veterans as a way to thank them for their service. To join the Britt Auxilary.
- Britt VFW efforts honored
- House catches fire in Britt
- Austin schools honored for digital education efforts
- Britt man sentenced for meth possession
- Traveling war memorial in Britt this weekend
- Britt man sentenced for child pornography
- Britt man hurt in Minnesota crash
- Britt traffic stop turns into theft charges
- Developer eyeing Britt for new hotel
- Britt needing to upgrade water infrastructure