DODGE COUNTY, Minn. – An 84-year-old man suffered serious injuries after the vehicle he was driving rolled after it was hit by a train.
The Dodge County Sheriff’s Office said Lyle Lyke, of rural Claremont, was driving a 2007 Chevy Uplander when the rear of the vehicle was struck after failing to yield to the train.
The accident, at an intersection controlled by a stop sign, occurred at 2nd St. NW west of 10th Ave. NW in Dodge Center.
Mayo One responded to the incident, and Lyke was transported to St. Mary’s Hospital by ambulance with serious injuries.
- Update: Southern MN man suffered serious injuries in vehicle-train crash
- Man suffers serious injuries after motorcycle accident in southern MN
- Update: Southern MN woman dies from injuries sustained in crash
- Update: Wanted southern MN man located unresponsive
- Sheriff: Southern MN vet suffers severe head injuries after being charged by steer
- Southern MN trooper suffers minor injuries when squad car hit while assisting motorist
- Sheriff: Domestic incident results in charges, injuries in southern MN
- Hammer attack leaves southern MN woman with severe facial injuries
- Snowmobile crash on southern MN lake results in woman suffering broken leg
- Man, 88, suffers minor injuries after Olmsted Co. crash