AUSTIN, Minn. - There have been no tips in the search for a missing 16-year-old who was last seen in Austin.
Austin police said Wednesday that they have received no tips in the search for Gracie Schlomann, last seen at the youth facility located at 28th St. NE near Interstate 90 on Nov. 30.
"Normally someone would call and say they posted something on Facebook or on social media to give us some kind of information or we find that ourselves," Police Chief Brian Krueger said. "But in this case, there's been absolutely no information whatsoever has come in since she's left on Friday."
Police said surveillance video from a gas station near that area has helped rule out that she is in a wooded area near the facility.
"Whether she befriended someone out there, or hitch hiked, obviously we don't know," Krueger said. "Obviously, we are concerned and hopefully we can get a tip or information to lead to her whereabouts here soon."
Schlomann is 5-foot-7, 197 pounds. She was wearing a navy blue sweatshirt, black leggings and black and white Air Jordan tennis shoes.
If you have any information, call 507-437-9400, ext. 1 or call 911 immediately.
Schlomann went missing from the Gerard Academy in Austin. It has issued the following statement:
On Friday, November 30, 2018, a female youth ran away from the Gerard Academy campus in Austin, MN, which is, by law, required to be an unlocked facility.
Gerard Academy staff have been fully cooperating and collaborating with authorities, Mower County, family members, and the community to ensure she is located quickly and returned safely.
We care deeply about each and every one of our clients and are committed to their safety. While rare, we take incidents like this very seriously and consistently evaluate our policies and procedures to ensure the safety of our youth in cooperation with their family and the community.
While we cannot share further details due to patient privacy laws, we will continue to work closely with local authorities to ensure her safe return, at which time Gerard will initiate a new safety plan and increase supervision to address her needs.
- Update: No tips received in search for girl who went missing in Austin
- UPDATE: Missing Austin man found
- UPDATE: Several items found during search for missing Wisconsin girl
- UPDATE: Missing Austin man found alive
- Search for missing Wisconsin girl scaled back
- Volunteers join search for missing Wisconsin girl
- Hundreds search for missing Wisconsin girl
- Milwaukee police need nationwide help in search for missing girl who was seen in Austin
- Austin Police Department drops 411 tips program
- Dozens of volunteers search for missing Austin man