GARNER, Iowa - Authorities have identified the person who was killed in a Hancock County accident Monday afternoon.
Andrea Young, 47, of Garner, was killed in the 3-vehicle crash that involved a semi near the intersection of Highway 69 and Highway 18.
Lois Eenhuis, 73, of Garner, was injured and taken to Mercy Medical Center-North Iowa. Eenhuis is listed in critical but stable condition as of Tuesday morning.
Authorities say Eenhuis was leaving a business and attempted to turn left onto Highway 18 when she struck a semi driven by 22-year-old Conner Hazleton, of Pipestone, Minnesota. Young’s vehicle then struck the rear of the semi-trailer after it had crossed the centerline.
The accident happened just west of the intersection near the Garner Inn and Suites.
- Update: Names released of those involved in fatal crash on Highway 18 in Garner
- Garner City Council looks to make improvements to Highway 18 after fatal crash
- UPDATE: Name released in officer-involved shooting
- UPDATE: Name released in fatal Olmsted County crash
- Names released of officers involved in fatal shooting
- Fatal crash on Highway 52
- Names released of those involved in semi-school crash
- UPDATE: Name released of person involved in Clear Lake vehicle vs. train crash
- UPDATE: Name of victim released in fatal Cerro Gordo County crash
- UPDATE: Final name known in fatal Floyd County crash