MASON CITY, Iowa – A missing north Iowa woman was located Wednesday night in Mason City and the man she was with was taken into custody.
Mason City police said at 5 p.m. Wednesday, Mason City PD, the Cerro Gordo County Sheriff’s Office and the North Central Iowa Narcotics Task Force went to 334 9th St. NE to investigate a missing female and an assault case.
The woman was located and transported to Mercy Medical Center-North Iowa, and 38-year-old Kristofer Voigt, of Mason City, was taken into custody.
Voigt was wanted on two arrest warrants for violating a pre-trial release and violating parole.
Lake Mills police asked for the public’s help and said that Michelle Swearingen was last seen in Lake Mills early Wednesday morning and could be with Voigt. Lake Mills police said Voigt may be armed.
Voigt was arrested in August in Cerro Gordo County for allegedly stealing a jet ski.
- Update: Missing North Iowa woman located in Mason City, man arrested
- UPDATE: Missing woman located in North Iowa
- Authorities make arrest after missing Mason City girl is located
- Missing Iowa woman located in Vermont
- Update: Mason City PD asking for public's help to locate missing man
- UPDATE: Multi-agency search Tuesday at Mason City location
- Mason City woman arrested on drug charges
- Mason City man arrested following alleged death threat outside MercyOne-North Iowa
- Mason City Housing Authority opens new location
- North Iowa woman arrested for arson