ROCHESTER, Minn. – A 24-year-old man has been arrested for allegedly sexually abusing a woman after agreeing to give a couple a ride home from a bar.
Bakil Dahir, of Rochester, is facing a charge of third-degree criminal sexual conduct.
Police said a male and female were intoxicated when they accepted a ride home around 11 p.m. from a man who took the couple off their desired path home.
Dahir claimed police were behind him therefore he took a different route. However, police said the suspect pulled into a dark area behind the Holiday gas station on 4th St. SE before threatening the male with a tire iron and telling him to get out of the vehicle.
The male complied, police said, and the suspect drove away with the female before allegedly sexually assaulting her. The woman was dropped off around 2 a.m. at the gas station.
- Update: Man arrested for allegedly sexually abusing woman after giving couple ride home from bar
- Rochester police: Woman sexually assaulted after couple accepts ride home from bar
- Man arrested for allegedly punching girlfriend at Rochester bar
- Mason City man, 61, arrested for allegedly sexually abusing 8-year-old
- Dealing with sexual abuse
- Mason City man arrested after allegedly pointing gun at woman
- Police: Man charged for allegedly stealing $300 from girl, 16, who wanted a ride home
- Southern MN man who allegedly sexually abused 2 girls for 5 years to be arraigned Thursday
- Police: Man who allegedly stole items from woman at bar chased down by victim
- Iowa couple imprisoned for abuse of disabled woman