WINNEBAGO COUNTY, Iowa - Conditions vary for the 10 people injured in a two-vehicle head-on collision in Winnebago County.
The Iowa State Patrol said the crash occurred at 2:21 a.m. on New Year’s morning and involved a 2019 Dodge Ram pickup and a 2004 Pontiac Grand Prix.
The crash happened south of County Rd. A-42 on 120th Ave., about five miles northwest of Forest City.
The following is an update on the conditions of those injured:
Michael Olsen, 19, Lake Mills Treated and released from Mercy Medical Center-North Iowa.
Parker Albrant, 20, Thompson, released from Mercy Medical Center-North Iowa.
Maya Barrientes, 18, Mason City: Not listed.
Kayla Kittleson, 18, Mason City: Condition not available at this time
Taylor Pattison, 18, Mason City: Critical
Cole Millsap, 20, Mason City: Fair
Alec Fritz, 21, Swaledale: Not listed
Kelsey Johnson, 22, Lake Mills: Released from Mercy Medical Center-North Iowa.
Carter Hammervold, 20, Mason City: Fair
Shyenne Dunning, 21, Leland: Good
Related coverage: Crash was parent's worst nightmare.
What happened: Authorities say vehicle 1, the Ram pickup, was traveling southbound on 120th Avenue and vehicle 2, the Grand Prix, was traveling northbound on 120th Avenue. Vehicle 1 was traveling on the wrong side of the road and struck vehicle 2 head-on. Vehicle 2 came to rest on the east side of the road, facing southbound. Vehicle 1 came to rest in the ditch also facing southbound.
- Update: Condition updates for the 10 involved in Winnebago Co. crash
- Update: North Iowa woman killed in Winnebago County crash
- 10 people injured in Winnebago Co. crash
- UPDATE: Condition improves for two victims of Olmsted County crash
- UPDATE: Man in critical condition after Mason City motorcycle crash
- UPDATE: 'Dancing with the Stars' bus involved in Monday crash
- Update: 2nd crash involving farm equipment reported in Floyd County
- Update: 17 students on bus involved in Rochester crash
- Icy conditions play a part in head-on, rollover crashes in Winnebago Co.
- UPDATE: Name released in officer-involved shooting