ROCHESTER, Minn. – When 42 iPhones were taken from a Rochester Target on Saturday night, it could have been a part of a larger retail theft ring that operates in Minnesota or the Midwest.
Police said Monday that 42 iPhones (either the iPhone 8 or the iPhone X), were taken when two black males went into the stock room where they used bolt cutters to take all the phones.
Authorities do have photos and video of the incident but are not releasing any more information at this time.
The alleged theft happened at Marketplace Dr.
- Update: Authorities say 42 iPhones stolen from Target could be part of larger crime ring
- The value of a stolen iPhone
- Stolen iPhones part of a mega-shoplifting incident at a local retailer
- Stolen 1958 class ring reunited with Rochester family
- "Ring of Fire"
- Stormteam 3 (8:45 pm update): Severe T'Storm Watch, larger area under enhanced risk
- "Spare Parts" Author in Mason City
- StormTeam 3 (10 pm update): Severe storms target parts of northern Iowa overnight
- Update: Attendance drops to 42 percent at Austin on Tuesday in wake of school threat
- Ringing in the noon hour