MASON CITY — Mason City will have to start its search for a new City Administrator from scratch.
Mayor Bill Schickel says the City Council has decided not to pursue a contract with any of the five finalists for the position.
“We thank the finalists for their interest and believe they have outstanding qualifications, but are not a right fit for Mason City at this time,” Schickel says. “Fortunately we have an outstanding Interim City Administrator and staff so we are in a good position.”
The City Administrator job has been open since Brent Trout left in October 2017.
“I have asked our Human Resources Department to recommend to the City Council additional options for City Administrator candidate recruitment,” says Schickel.
- Unexpected development in Mason City administrator search
- Next city administrator named in Mason City
- Mason City City Council approves development agreement with G8 Development
- Mason City school administrators dismissed from lawsuit
- Another snag in Mason City's downtown development
- Mason City terminates agreement with developer
- Drivers receive unexpected turkey baskets
- Mason City announces 5 candidates for city administrator position
- City Administrator wants RAGBRAI back in Mason City
- WATCH: A tearful, unexpected reunion: Mason City woman deployed since December surprises kids at school