CRESCO, Iowa - Water has been shut off in part of a northeast Iowa town as the city deals with an unexpected water main break.
The city of Cresco said on its Facebook page that “there will be no water on the 700-800 block of North Elm. This will possibly impact a few of the surrounding blocks as well.
“Water is expected to go off around 930 and will remain off until the water main is fixed. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.”
The city said it hopes to have water back on in the area by mid-afternoon.
- Water main break leaves some in Cresco without water
- Water main break in Mason City
- Water main breaks affecting some Austin residents
- Cresco crews brave sub-zero temperatures to fix broken water main
- Heat restored in Austin, more water main breaks feared
- Albert Lea sees record number of water main breaks
- Rochester Public Transit routes affected due to water main break
- Tax break for Cresco manufacturing plant
- Water main break forces classes to be cancelled at three Mason City schools
- Trial scheduled for Cresco killing