Albert Lea, Minn. – A kitchen fire Friday night in Albert Lea caused around $8,000 in damage.
According to the Albert Lea Fire Department, an unattended candle was the reason for the fire, which happened at a home at 1004 Ulstad Ave.
The residents were not home at the time and it was reported by a family member who was checking on a cat.
Fire and law personnel arrived and found blackened windows and light smoke showing.
Fire crews were on scene for around two hours, and the fire was contained primarily to the kitchen.
- Unattended candle causes fire in Albert Lea
- UPDATE: Unattended candle caused Mason City fire
- Camper fire in Albert Lea
- Albert Lea stabber sentenced
- Albert Lea police investigate shooting
- Albert Lea's Glazier picks Iowa
- Prison for Albert Lea burglar
- Art installation in Albert lea
- Flames destroy Albert Lea garage
- Fire damages house just outside Albert Lea