KIMT News 3- Those with the Iowa Soybean Association is saying a new deal between Taiwan and the US is good news for Iowa farmers.
Brent Renner, At- Large Director for the Iowa Soybean Association, said the new deal would mean Taiwan would purchase 90% of their soybeans from the US.
“It is pretty significant,” he said. Taiwan isn’t even the size of Iowa but they are going to buy 25% of Iowa’s production.”
Renner said this deal as well as the one struck with Canada and Mexico could mean potential talk with China again in the future.
- US deal with Taiwan means good news for Iowa soybean farmers
- Taiwan announces billion dollar soybean buy in Minnesota
- Iowa farmer gets prison for bank fraud
- Earthquake kills two, injures hundreds in Taiwan
- Farmers prefer Trump do trade deals than hand them cash
- Pence to plug trade deal to Minnesota farmers, steelworkers
- Iowa State extends Campbell's deal through 2024
- Iowa farmer 'shocked' that worker is suspect in Tibbetts' death
- Iowa farmer reports thousands of bees died after hives vandalized
- Helping a late farmer's family harvest in north Iowa