ROCHESTER, Minn. - Friday at the Mayo Civic Center, Dr. Lori J. Carrell was inaugurated as chancellor of the University of Minnesota Rochester.
UMR was established in 2016. Carrell says being the school's second chancellor and a part of the college's histroy in the making is an honor.
"I am so astounded by what the first faculty and staff and the first chancellor accomplished in beginning a brand new university. But what it's like, it feels like a playground for an educator," says Carrell.
- UMR Chancellor Inaugurated
- UMR students celebrate National Coming Out Day
- UMR and Rochester Area Family YMCA look for developers
- Minnesota State Chancellor visits RCTC to talk about workforce shortages
- UMR Sexual Assault Awareness Group strives to bring attention to the issue
- Michelle Obama on 2017 inauguration: 'Bye, Felicia'
- UMR Connects current health care leaders with future ones all in the name of Women's History Month
- From Inauguration to State of the State: Minnesotans react to Gov. Walz' first months in office