ROCHESTER, Minn. – A two-vehicle accident injured two people Tuesday morning.
It happened on northbound Highway 52 in Rochester around 6:05 am. The Minnesota State Patrol says 26-year-old robert Daniel Walechka of Madison Lake lost control of his vehicle near the 55th Street interchange, hit the median wall, then slid into the vehicle driven by 55-year-old James Clayton Kroschel of Maplewood, before smashing back into the median wall.
The State Patrol says both Walechka and Kroschel suffered non-life threatening injuries and were taken to St. Mary’s Hospital. Both were wearing their seatbelts. The State Patrol says the highway was snow and ice-covered at the time of the accident.
Rochester police and fire assisted at the scene.
- Two-vehicle crash on icy Highway 52 in Rochester
- Two-vehicle crash on Highway 52
- Two-vehicle crash on Highway 52 on-ramp in Rochester
- Fatal crash on Highway 52
- UPDATE: Two vehicles collide in Rochester on Highway 52
- Two vehicles collide on Highway 52 in Rochester
- Highway 52 Motorcycle Accident
- Semi jackknifes on Highway 52 in Rochester
- Highway 52 repaving complete in Rochester
- 2 transported after morning crash on Highway 52 in Rochester