MASON CITY, Iowa - Two vehicles were totaled and both drivers suffered minor injuries after a crash in Mason City Thursday night.
According to the Cerro Gordo County Sheriff's Office, it happened at 7:43 p.m. on Highway 18 near Ziegler CAT when one car rear-ended another, sending them both into the median.
A press release issued states a 2010 Chrysler Sebring driven by Mary Murphy, 78, of Mason City, was rear-ended by a 2017 Nissan Altima driven by Luke Benjamin, 27, of Clear Lake.
Murphy was taken to the emergency room at Mercy Medical Center-North Iowa by ambulance while Benjamin was taken by private vehicle to the emergency room.
- Two vehicles totaled after Mason City crash
- UPDATE: Two-vehicle crash in Mason City
- Multi-vehicle crash Tuesday in Mason City
- Two-vehicle crash in Mason City
- Jeep totaled in Mason City collision
- Vehicles crash in lane changed for Mason City road construction
- Mason City PD vehicle involved in chain-reaction crash
- Mason City man charged after allegedly crashing vehicle into house
- No serious injuries following two-vehicle crash in Mason City
- Update: Both cars a total loss after Mason City accident