DES MOINES, Iowa – North Iowa was honored twice Thursday at the 2019 Iowa Tourism Conference.
Awards for metro and rural areas were made in 13 categories. The Clear Lake Area Chamber of Commerce was recognized for Outstanding Marketing Collaboration for rural areas and Sara Broers of Mason City was named Outstanding Individual Leader for the whole state.
The awards are presented by the Iowa Tourism Office and the Travel Federation of Iowa.
The Iowa Economic Development Authority says nearly 250 industry representatives attended the conference and that tourism generates over $8.5 billion in spending throughout the state.
- Two state tourism awards given to North Iowa
- Tourism money awarded in Mason City
- State Tourism Office said Congressman King tweet impacted tourism
- Tourism season seeing setback
- Fisher named North Iowa Band Festival Klempnauer Award winner
- North Iowa Band Festival announces Grand Marshal, volunteer awards
- Iowa Governor makes stop in north Iowa
- Prison for North Iowa arsonist
- Governor candidate in North Iowa
- 'Vision North Iowa' plan announced