CRESCO, Iowa – Two of three people facing drug charges in Howard County are pleading guilty.
Cresco police say they arrested Lisa Rae Ragon, Peggy Sue Schneider, and Steven Lane Geerts after the search of a North Elm Street apartment on December 8, 2017, turned up methamphetamine, marijuana, and the prescription drug Alprazolam.
Ragon, 47 of Cresco, has pleaded guilty to possession of meth and possession of marijuana. She’s been given a deferred judgment and one year of probation. If Ragon satisfies all the terms of her probation, this conviction will be removed from her record. She must also pay a $630 civil penalty.
Schneider, 60 of Cresco, entered a guilty plea to possession of meth-2nd or subsequent offense. He next court hearing is set for August 13.
Geerts, 21, is pleading not guilty to gathering where drugs are used, maintaining premises for drug use, possession of meth, possession of marijuana, and unlawful possession of prescription drugs. His trial is scheduled to begin on September 12.
- Two plead guilty in Howard County drug bust
- Not guilty pleas in Howard County drug busts
- Guilty plea to Howard County drug crimes
- Final defendant pleads guilty in Mower County drug bust
- Three of four plead guilty in Rochester drug bust
- One of four defendants pleads guilty in Rochester drug bust
- Man pleads not guilty in Mason City drug bust
- Not guilty plea in Howard County killing
- Accused drug dealers plead guilty
- Not guilty plea in Austin drug bust