SOUTHERN MINNESOTA – More accidents are happening on wet roads in the wake of a weekend snow storm.
Just before noon Sunday, Williams Edward Ruzicka, 53 of Owatonna, was driving a semi with double trailers south on Highway 52 in Olmsted County. The Minnesota State Patrol says as Ruzicka turned to go east on Interstate 90, he was hit by the northbound SUV driven by Jennings Bryan Forstner, 36 of Rochester.
Ruzicka was the only one hurt in the collision and was transported to St. Mary’s Hospital with non-life threatening injuries.
A single-vehicle accident then occurred around 1:14 pm in Rice County as Traci Leigh Cone, 41 of Des Moines, was driving south, lost control and struck the median guard cables. A passenger in Cone’s vehicle, Jesse Le Shawhan, 36 of Des Moines, was taken to Northfield Hospital for a non-life threatening injury.
- Two more weekend auto accidents in southern Minnesota
- Multiple auto accidents on icy Minnesota roads
- Cresco driver in southeastern Minnesota auto accident
- Multiple accidents slowing traffic in southern Minnesota
- Southern Minnesota man dies after ATV accident
- Auto accident in Fillmore County
- UPDATE: Auto accident in Byron
- Auto accident in Mason City
- Auto accident in Olmsted County
- Monday morning auto accident in Rochester