WAUKON, Iowa – A two-vehicle accident Wednesday evening sent two people to the hospital in northeast Iowa.
The Allamakee County Sheriff’s Office says it happened around 6:12 pm near the intersection of Strawberry Road and Elon Drive. Terry Lee Johnson, 59 of Waukon, was driving west and crossed the center line, hitting the eastbound vehicle driven by Lois Marie Fossum, 75 of Waterville.
Both drivers were taken by ambulance to Veterans Memorial Hospital in Waukon. Johnson was later flown to Gundersen Lutheran Medical Center in La Crosse, Wisconsin.
This collision remains under investigation by the Iowa State Patrol. The Waukon Fire Department also assisted at the scene.
- Two injured in northeast Iowa collision
- Head-on collision in Northeast Iowa
- 1 injured in northeast Iowa rollover crash
- Iowa man killed in northeast Nebraska highway collision
- River warning in northeast Iowa
- Manure spill in northeast Iowa
- Patrol: 2 fatally injured in northern Iowa collision
- North Iowa woman injured in Mower County collision
- Woman killed, 7 injured in central Iowa collision
- 2 students on school bus injured in northwest Iowa collision