PINE ISLAND, Iowa – Two people are hospitalized after a collision north of Rochester Saturday evening.
The Pine Island Fire Department says it happened around 7:14 pm at the intersection of 75th Street NW/Highway 63 and 18th Avenue NW. Noraer Tahmasian, 62 of Rochester, was driving north and entered the intersection, striking the eastbound John Eric Broton, 50 of Byron. Both vehicles wound up in the ditch. Broton’s vehicle flipped onto its side and emergency equipment had to be used to remove him from it.
Both Tahmasian and Broton were taken to St. Marys Hospital for treatment of non-life threatening injuries. Two passengers in Tahmasian’s vehicle were not hurt. The Pine Island Fire Department says everyone was wearing their seat belts.
The Olmsted County Sheriff’s Office, Minnesota State Patrol, and Mayo Clinic Ambulance assisted at the scene.
- Two hurt in collision north of Rochester
- Rochester couple hurt in Wabasha County collision
- Two hurt in Sunday collision in Rochester
- One hurt in collision north of Austin
- One hurt in Byron collision
- Two hurt in three-car collision in Rochester
- UPDATE: Two hurt in collision north of Mason City
- Multi-vehicle collision in Rochester
- Chain reaction collision in Rochester
- Four-vehicle collision in Rochester