CEDAR RAPIDS, Iowa (AP) - Police say a man and woman were injured during a shooting in Cedar Rapids.
The Cedar Rapids Gazette reports public safety spokesman Greg Buelow says the woman suffered a serious gunshot wound and the man suffered a traumatic injury in the shooting Saturday night at an apartment complex.
Buelow says officers were responding to several calls of a possible active shooter at the scene. An investigation indicated the two injured people apparently knew each other and no one else was in danger.
No future details were immediately released.
The man and the woman were taken to the hospital and the investigation is ongoing.
- Two hurt in Cedar Rapids shooting
- No casino for Cedar Rapids
- 19-year-old arrested for Cedar Rapids murder
- Flash mob robs Cedar Rapids store
- Fatal train/SUV collision in Cedar Rapids
- Man gets 37 years for slaying of Cedar Rapids woman
- Cedar Rapids police charge man with 1979 killing of teen
- Man pleading not guilty in 1979 Cedar Rapids murder
- Cedar Rapids murder defendant charged with theft in Charles City
- At least 5 people, including 1 firefighter, injured in Cedar Rapids apartment blaze