MASON CITY, Iowa – Two people are taken to the hospital after a two-car collision on Highway 65.
The Cerro Gordo Sheriff’s Office says it happened around 3:30 pm at the intersection with 300th Street. Janet Wilder, 83 of Northwood, was driving east, stopped at the stop sign, and then pulled out into the path of the southbound vehicle driven by Craig Mericle, 64 of Nora Springs.
Both cars wound up in the ditch after the crash.
Janet Wilder and her passenger, Robert Wilder, 91 of Northwood, were taken to Mercy Medical Center – North Iowa with possible injuries. Mericle was not harmed. All three were wearing their seatbelt.
The Mason City Fire Department assisted at the scene.
- UPDATE: Two hurt in collision north of Mason City
- One hurt in collision north of Austin
- Two hurt in collision north of Rochester
- UPDATE: Mason City woman and three kids hurt in Worth County collision
- One hurt in Byron collision
- Five-vehicle collision in Mason City
- Jeep totaled in Mason City collision
- Vehicle flips in Mason City collision
- UPDATE: One dead, three hurt after Dodge County collision
- Collision in Charles City