CLEAR LAKE, Iowa – Clear Lake police have arrested two people they say were involved in a marijuana growing operation.
Penny Frenz, 56, and James Thornton, 69, both of Clear Lake, are facing the following felony charges:
- Two counts of possession of a controlled substance with intent to deliver.
- Possession of drug paraphernalia.
- Failure to affix tax stamp.
According to court documents, a search warrant was executed Monday at 706 5th Pl. N. in Clear Lake around 2:20 p.m.
Police located a room containing items to grow marijuana, and they found to be in possession of more than 70 grams of the substance. Police say at the time the search warrant was executed, Frenz was attempting to flush the drugs down the toilet.
Both are being held in the Cerro Gordo County Jail on $15,000 bond.
- Two arrested for marijuana growing operation in Cerro Gordo County
- Drug charges for Cerro Gordo County man
- First confirmed flu in Cerro Gordo County
- Cerro Gordo County dispatchers receive $16,000 grant
- Car theft sentence in Cerro Gordo County
- Rollover accident in Cerro Gordo County
- Whooping cough confirmed in Cerro Gordo County
- Two-car accident in Cerro Gordo County
- Hospital harasser sentenced in Cerro Gordo County
- Cerro Gordo County Community Foundation announces grants