Photo Gallery 1 Images
ROCHESTER, Minn. - Two people were arrested after a late-night pursuit in Rochester reached speeds of nearly 80 miles per hour in a 30 mile-per-hour zone.
The two occupants, 29-year-old Jimmy Douangmychit, of Rochester, and 41-year-old Rath An, of Rochester, were arrested at gunpoint after a pursuit through the southeast part of the city.
It started at 12:04 a.m. when an Olmsted County deputy tried to stop a car, but the driver sped off.
Deputies pursued until the driver lost control at East Circle Drive and Collegeview Rd. SE, near RCTC, where the driver crashed into the ditch.
Methamphetamine and marijuana were found in the vehicle.
Douangmychit is facing charges of fleeing in a motor vehicle, reckless driving, fifth-degree possession of a controlled substance, introducing a controlled substance into a correctional facility, failing to stop at stop signs, speeding and DUI.
An is facing a charge of third-degree possession of a controlled substance.
- Two arrested at gunpoint in Rochester after pursuit reached speeds of 80 mph on city streets
- Rochester man sentenced after 80 mph pursuit
- Wanted Mason City man arrested after multi-county pursuit that reached speeds of 110 mph
- 3-county pursuit in north Iowa, southern MN reaches speeds of 110 mph
- State Patrol: Vehicle reached speeds of around 130 mph in Cerro Gordo Co. pursuit
- Sheriff: NE Iowa motorcycle pursuit reached 127 mph
- Wind during Floyd Co. tornado reached speeds between 100-110 mph
- Trials set in 80 mph chase through Rochester
- Trial set in 120 mph pursuit
- Not guilty plea in 150 mph pursuit