MASON CITY, Iowa – Two women have won a “Second Chance” at dental health.
North Iowa Oral Surgery & Dental Implant Center says it has agree to provide full-arch restoration treatments to Laura Baumann, 52 of Leland, and Amanda McMurray, 31 of Mason City, totaling over $100,000 worth of dental work for free.
North Iowa Oral Surgery says Laura Baumann has only four teeth, suffers from mouth pain, and has trouble eating foods. She has also been taking care of her husband with Parkinson’s disease. Laura says she’s excited to be able to smile in photos from her upcoming 30th wedding anniversary and 35th class reunion.
Amanda McMurray is a single mom with five kids and only has eight teeth that are not missing, broken, or decayed. She says her new teeth will help teach her children about good dental care so they’ll grow up with healthier teeth than she did.
As part of the "Second Chance" program, Drs. Lyell Hogg and Christopher Kepros of North Iowa Oral Surgery & Dental Implant Center are collaborating with Dr. Hehr out of the Nettleton Dental Group, Dr. Cruz-Orcutt from Mint Springs Dentistry, May Dental Lab, Straumann, and Dentsply Sirona to complete the procedure. Both women will get a permanent set of fully-functioning, natural-looking teeth. North Iowa Oral Surgery & Dental Implant Center is also partnering with Nobel Biocare Dental Implant Company to complete the procedure.
Photos courtesy of North Iowa Oran Surgery & Dental Implant Center.
- Two Iowa women get a second chance to smile
- A chance to smile again
- Spreading smiles at Saint Mary's
- Mason City oral surgeons giving away a second chance at a new smile
- North Iowa veterans receive quilt of valor: 'I love the smiles, and their eyes light up'
- Two southern Minnesota veterans get a new smile for Veteran's Day
- Recognizing law enforcement on Arik Matson Day: 'Easy to like, always a smile on his face'
- Iowa abortion bill could push women to Minnesota
- Iowa judge rules transgender women deserve surgery coverage
- 11th-seeded Missouri State women stun Iowa State 69-60