ROCHESTER, Minn. – A man is in jail after police say they had to shoot him with a taser…twice.
Matthew Lawson, 33 of Rochester, is facing charges of domestic assault, disorderly conduct, and obstruction. Rochester police say they were called to the 3000 block of River Falls Road NW around 11:40 am Wednesday on a report of a drunk man out of control. An officer say he arrived to see Lawson outside the home, trying to get in a car and leave.
Police say when Lawson saw the officer, he starting walking back toward the house. The officer says when he tried to stop Lawson, there was a struggle where Lawson wound up getting tased twice.
- Twice-tased man arrested in Rochester
- Pursuit end in Rochester with man being tased, arrested
- Southern MN man arrested, Tased after violating no-contact order
- Rochester police: Man tased 4 times was in 'zombie-like' state
- Police: Rochester man wanted on felony drug warrant had to be Tased
- Man facing drug charges after Rochester arrest
- Man arrested after Rochester killing gets probation
- Rochester man arrested after motorcycle hits car
- Rochester man arrested again for exposing himself
- Chatfield man arrested after dangerous Rochester pursuit