ROCHESTER, Minn. – A woman accused of attacking an ex-boyfriend with a knife is pleading not guilty.
Jessica Marie Smith, 30 of Rochester, is charged with 2nd degree assault, stalking, domestic assault, and 5th degree assault. Police say she cut a man across the chest and left superficial wounds on July 10 in the parking lot of the Paragon Chateau Theater. The victim and another woman were sitting in a car when police say Smith opened the passenger side door and grabbed the woman.
Police say the victim lunged over the passenger seat and that’s when Smith cut him.
Her trial is scheduled to begin on April 1, 2019
- Trial set in parking lot knife attack
- Trial set in Ventura hammer attack
- Federal trial set in Minnesota mosque attack
- Trial set in Rochester hammer attack
- Rochester woman pleads guilty in knife attack
- Not guilty plea in Rochester knife attack
- Charges dropped in Rochester knife attack
- Guilty plea in Charles City parking lot attack
- "Movie money" trial set
- Trial set for man accused of waving a knife at police