PRESTON, Minn. – A trial date is finally set in a fatal collision in Fillmore County.
Sarah Sexton, 38 of Stewartville, is charged with 2nd degree manslaughter, criminal vehicular homicide, two counts of criminal vehicular operation, two counts of reckless driving, careless driving, speeding, and failure to stop at a stop sign.
She’s accused of driving through a stop sign at the intersection of Fillmore County Road 39 and County Road 2, hitting the vehicle driven by Duane Hodge. Authorities say the crash on October 17, 2017, seriously injured Duane and killed Joan Hodge.
Court documents state Sexton and her 13-year-old daughter were driving home from a volleyball tournament in Wykoff when the crash happened.
Sexton pleaded not guilty to all charges in December 2018 and is now scheduled to stand trial August 12.
- Trial finally set in fatal Fillmore County crash
- Trial set in fatal Hancock County crash
- Fillmore County fugitive finally sentenced
- Motorcycle crash in Fillmore County
- Stewartville woman found guilty in fatal Fillmore County crash
- Vehicle vs. pedestrian crash in Fillmore County
- Two injured in Fillmore County crash
- U-Haul crashes in Fillmore County
- Two hurt in Fillmore County motorcycle crash
- One-vehicle crash in Fillmore County