DAKOTA CITY, Iowa – A trial date has been set in a fatal Humboldt County crash.
Trisha Dawn Luthro, 41 of Badger, has pleaded not guilty to homicide by vehicle-operating under the influence and serious injury by vehicle. Authorities say Luthro was driving drunk on September 24, 2017, when she crossed the center line on Highway 3 in Humboldt and had a head on collision with Kevin Paul Ahlstrom of Dakota City.
Both Luthro and Ahlstrom were seriously hurt in the crash and Ahlstrom’s 12-year-old son was killed.
Her trial is now scheduled to begin on October 16 in Humboldt County District Court.
- Trial set in deadly Humboldt County collision
- Not guilty plea in deadly Humboldt County collision
- Humboldt County driver killed in collision with semi
- Charges filed in deadly Dodge County collision
- Federal lawsuit filed over deadly Humboldt County shooting
- Arrest made in deadly central Iowa collision
- Rochester semi driver in deadly collision
- "Movie money" trial set
- Plea deal in deadly Cerro Gordo County collision
- Trial set in fatal Hancock County crash