GARNER, Iowa – A man accused of spanking a child with a belt is pleading not guilty.
Charles Pennington, 33 of Mason City, is charged with child endangerment in Hancock County. Authorities say he spanked the 4-year-old with a belt on March 12, leaving one-inch-wide red bruises on the lower back and bruises on the butt and lower legs that were black, blue, and purple in color.
Pennington entered a not guilty plea Tuesday and his trial is set to start on August 22.
- Trial set in case of child spanked with a belt
- Man accused of spanking child with a belt
- Forest City man gets jail time for spanking a child
- Second trial set in Olmsted County child porn case
- UNI spanked by South Dakota State, 38-7
- Trial set in Charles City drug case
- Trial set in stolen gun case
- Trial set in smashed windows case
- Trial set in northeast Iowa drug case
- Trial set in Rochester attempted murder case