MASON CITY, Iowa – A Cerro Gordo County man is now set for trial for a domestic assault that injured a child.
Jeffery Bingham, 36 of Mason City, is pleading not guilty to domestic abuse assault and child endangerment.
He was arrested July 21 after Mason City police say Bingham choked a woman and beat her with a broom handle. Investigators say a 3-year-old child was struck while Bingham was assaulting the woman. Court documents state the woman suffered a cut lip and visible wounds on her head and leg while the child got a bruise on the forehead.
Bingham’s trial is scheduled to start on November 5.
- Trial set in assault of Mason City woman and child
- Trial set for Mason City man accused of assault
- Trial set in Mason City car chase
- Meth trials set for Mason City duo
- Mason City man to stand trial for assault
- Illinois murder trial set for Mason City man
- UPDATE: Trial date set in Mason City double murder case
- Trial set for Mason City man in drug/gun case
- Trial set in theft from Mason City Salvation Army
- Trial set for Mason City woman arrested with a bag of drugs