MASON CITY, Iowa – A Cerro Gordo County man accused of a hammer attack is pleading not guilty.
Eric Allen Young, 38 of Ventura, is charged with domestic abuse assault. He was arrested after an incident on November 15 in the 2300 block of 220th Street. Law enforcement says Young choked a woman until she passed out, then hit her with a hammer.
Young’s trial is scheduled to start on January 29.
- Trial set in Ventura hammer attack
- Ventura man sentenced for hammer attack
- Trial set in Rochester hammer attack
- Ventura man accused of striking woman with a hammer
- Trial set in parking lot knife attack
- Federal trial set in Minnesota mosque attack
- Ventura settles "American Sniper" lawsuit
- "Movie money" trial set
- Rochester police: Man attacks family members with hammer
- Hammer attack leaves southern MN woman with severe facial injuries