ROCHESTER, Minn. – A trial date has been set for a Stewartville man accused of attempted murder.
Rochester police say 23-year-old Gerardo Berenice Esquivel-Olveda drove up to an address on 12th Avenue Southeast on August 15 and shot Kameron Jones in the abdomen. Authorities say Esquivel-Olveda then drove off and was arrested hours later after a brief standoff in Stewartville with law enforcement.
He is pleading not guilty to 2nd degree attempted murder, drive by shooting, and 2nd degree assault. A trial is scheduled to begin April 16, 2018 in Olmsted County District Court.
- Trial set in Rochester shooting
- Trial set in Rochester robbery
- Trial set in Rochester gunfire
- Trial set in Rochester drug arrest
- Trial set in Rochester attempted murder case
- Trial set in Rochester chain-reaction crash
- Trial set in Rochester gun threat
- Trial set in Rochester teen sex case
- Four trials set in Rochester home invasion
- Rochester murder trial set to begin Monday