NEW HAMPTON, Iowa – A Waterloo man is set for trial over a high-speed chase through northeast Iowa.
Johnny Lee Harris Jr., 31, has pleaded not guilty to eluding and operating a motor vehicle without the owner’s consent. He was arrested after Chickasaw County deputies were called to a Fredericksburg home about a no-contact violation and Harris led them on a chase.
There were warrants out for Harris’ arrest for domestic abuse assault and displaying a dangerous weapon.
Harris is now scheduled to stand trial on January 2, 2020.
- Trial set in Chickasaw County chase
- Second trial date set in death of Chickasaw County baby
- Waterloo man sentenced for Chickasaw County chase
- Trial moved in Chickasaw County baby death
- Trial set in Mason City car chase
- "Movie money" trial set
- Trials set in 80 mph chase through Rochester
- Trial set in cross-border chase that ended with gunfire
- Trial set in fatal Hancock County crash
- Trial set in Wright County standoff