MASON CITY, Iowa - A trial is set for a North Iowa crash that killed one person and seriously injured another.
Tomas Berk, 24 of Janesville, Wisconsin, is pleading not guilty to homicide by vehicle by OWI, homicide by vehicle by reckless driving, and serious injury by vehicle.
Police say Berk was the driver who went into the ditch on September 27, 2019, on California Avenue south of Highway 122 and just west of Mason City.
That crash killed Madisyn Ensign, 21, and seriously injured Dominic Clifford, 18.
Investigators say lab results indicate Berk had one or more controlled substances in his system at the time of the crash.
His trial is set to start on May 19 in Cerro Gordo County District Court.
- Trial set in Cerro Gordo County crash that killed one, injured another
- Accident in Cerro Gordo County injures one
- Driver injured in Cerro Gordo County rollover
- Trials set for rural Cerro Gordo County burglary
- One injured in southern Cerro Gordo County crash
- One hurt in Cerro Gordo County crash
- Check forgery trial scheduled in Cerro Gordo County
- Friday collision injures three in Cerro Gordo County
- One driver injured in Cerro Gordo County collision
- November's ballot is set in Cerro Gordo County