ROCHESTER, Minn. – The attempted murder trial of a Rochester man has been put on hold.
Roderick Miguell Malone, 35, is charged with three counts of 2nd degree attempted murder, three counts of 2nd degree assault, and one count of 3rd degree assault. Rochester police say he fired a gun from his patio at Village Green Townhomes on August 29, hitting a 30-year-old man in the chest and nearly hitting two people in a car.
Officers say Malone fired about 20 shots. The man who was shot was taken to St. Mary’s Hospital and was initially listed in critical condition.
Malone pleaded not guilty and a trial was scheduled for April but then a psychiatric evaluation was ordered. d Malone was found not competent to stand trial.
- Trial for accused attempted murderer delayed
- Attempted murder trial delayed in Olmsted County
- Attempted murder trial delayed again in Austin
- Murder trial delayed in Rochester
- Trial delayed for mother accused of first-degree murder
- Mason City murder trial delayed again
- Charles City man's murder trial delayed again
- Kossuth County murder trial is delayed
- Attempted murder trial canceled in Rochester
- Attempted murder trial pushed back to December