ELDORA, Iowa – The trial of a man accused of keeping his son in a basement cell is being pushed back.
Alex Craig Shadlow, 30 of Ackely, is charged with kidnapping. Authorities say he and his girlfriend, Traci Tyler, 39 of Ackley, kept Shadlow’s young son locked up at least nine hours a day, withholding food and forcing him to suffer dog bites.
Shadlow’s trial was set to begin on Monday but has now been rescheduled to June 24 in Dickinson County.
Tyler is also charged with kidnaping and her trial is set to begin on February 4 in Cerro Gordo County.
Shadlow asked for separate trials, stating his defense strategy could conflict with Tyler’s.
- Trial delayed in Hardin County kidnap/torture case
- Hardin County kidnapping case pushed back
- UPDATE: Trial for torture/imprisonment of Hardin Co. boy underway
- Ackley couple getting separate trials in kidnap/torture case
- Not guilty plea in Hardin County kidnapping
- Man pleads not guilty to kidnapping in child torture case
- Fatal crash in Hardin County
- Attempted murder trial delayed in Olmsted County
- Kossuth County murder trial is delayed
- Murder trial delayed in Rochester